When the World Wearies
And Society ceases to Please
There is always
The Garden.
Mums Birthday 11:03

Rather sad today as it would have been my mums 81st birthday, she passed away nearly 3 years ago. My dad is going to the cemetery, but since the stonemasons sent me the picture of her name on the stone, I havent been able to go there to her. Dad and I went weekly until then, and I feel rather guilty that I dont go with him now. I do feel close to my mum in my garden where we used to sit on the hammock and watch the birds in my garden. The garden is where mum is for me, and as it is quite bright and sunny today now the rain has stopped, I will spend some time thinking of mum in my garden.



I cannot bear to look at photos of her in her later years but ones of her before I was born dont have too much of an emotional effect on me. Here she is at 3,23 a year before she married dad, 10 and,17 in her pinstriped suit  Love you mum xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sad time for you, Betty. Your Mum was a very glamorous lady.I must admit I don't visit my Mum's grave. I prefer to think of her knitting in my conservatory - she would have loved it in there.hugs xxx

Booklinks said...

I wish you much strength on this sorrowful day. I lost my father when I was 29 and recognize your feelings.
xxSuzanne

country rose corner said...

Thanks Helen and Suzanne for your lovely comments. Doesnt matter how young or old you are, loss never gets better-but Mum did live to a good age, and I still have dad who was 80 on the 13th January this year. Love Betty
xxx