When the World Wearies
And Society ceases to Please
There is always
The Garden.
Andy Murrays Epic Match 30 June 2009 09:11

Am totally exhausted this morning after watching Andy Murrays epic match at Wimbledon on TV last night. Lasted 4 minutes short of 4 hours and I swear I played every shot with him! Poor Andy, I hope he managed to get a good sleep last night ready for the quarters on Wednesday. Talk about Braveheart, he showed immense courage and looked very emotional at the end. Well done Andy!
Must try and get in the garden today (was far too hot to stay out for more than a few minutes yesterday, and it looks like it is hotter today) Have bought some expensive strong mesh to make covers for my veg polytunnels, hoping to keep the slugs and snails off my lettuces. They have managed to get inside the greenhouse and demolish many lettuce plants. Havent managed to find the right size covers for my tunnels, so decided to make some from the enviromesh i bought from http://www.gardening-naturally.com/ Will have to get the sewing machine out today I think before I dont have any salad crops left. My tunnels are 2 metres long x 1 metre wide and about 32 inches high, and I have looked everywhere for replacement covers (fleece and mesh). I also have some cheap smaller tunnels I bought from the Pound Shop, which are about 2m long but not very wide or high, just right for lettuces, so I think I may use the metal arches from these to make smaller tunnels for the lettuce, and make sure I dig some of the enviromesh down into the soil to stop those pests! Photos to follow hopefully!

0 comments: