When the World Wearies
And Society ceases to Please
There is always
The Garden.
Its been a long time 18:57

Well its been a long time since my last post and a lot has happened. My dear old dad, now 82, has Alzheimers and it must be one of  the saddest diseases.
 But there has also been good news.... my beautiful daughter Kate has given me the most wonderful gift of a beautiful grandson, Dallas Jayden Driver, born on the 21st January at 9.22 am weighing 8lb 4oz.




Mother and baby had a bit of a terrible time 
(so did grandparents and poor daddy Luke) although that is all now forgotten, and we all have the most wondrous addition to our families. Kate was a beauty pregnant and is an even more beautiful mother






and daddy lukes not bad either!

Kate and Luke moved out to their own home after 8 days spent in hospital with Dallas
It is a bit lonely here without them, but they are only 15 minutes or so away on the bus so I get a chance to visit when my son Damon 'baby sits' his grandad for me. And they all come to dinner once a week, so we all get to meet up together. Damon also has had some good news this week, he was offered a brand new build apartment and it is absolutely lovely, he deserves it after putting up with his upstairs neighbours dog urine staining his kitchen ceiling for the last few years (environmental health were useless!) This last year or so has been very depressing with my father going gradually downhill and I got myself into a state not knowing whether I wanted to carry on with life, but our lovely bundle of joy Dallas has given us all great hope for the future.
So when my babies are happy, then their mama is happy, and now I cant wait for a wonderful spring and summer.



6 comments:

Jill said...

So sorry about your Dad, it must be terrible for you, but you now have your beautiful grandson to light your darker moments.

Hugs Jill xx

country rose corner said...

Thanks Jill xx

Diane at My Cottage Garden said...

My Dad as well...he's going to be 85 on Thursday. It's hard. My heart goes out to you.

Your grandbaby is most adorable. You'll find it hard finding time to post this year, I expect. I'll check in on you though.

Diane

country rose corner said...

thanks Diane am going to try and post some gardening posts and baby pics but dad takes up most of my time

Crafty Helen said...

Hello lovely lady. I am thrilled to hear your fantastic news, but sad about your Dad. Shall we agree to write last year off as a stinker? Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any worse it did - much worse. Please do share us some photos of your amazing garden. XX
P.S. Did you ever get around to making that blanket?

country rose corner said...

Helen! How lovely to hear from you! I do hope you are feeling more positive and happier as I am now. I never made that gorgeous rose blanket (if that is the one you are asking about) from the lovely magazine you sent me-I havent forgotten I owe you a present! Life can be pretty awful one minute and then just around the corner comes lightness and hope for the future. I felt very bleak last year and even considered terrible things but glad I persevered and have my wonderful, beautiful grandson Dallas now. If you are on facebook, friend me, elizabeth golding I have my cat stimpy as my photo as he passed away Monday evening aged almost 18 years bless him. So glad again to hear from you, xxxxxxx